The Manager Facilities, is responsible for managing the strategic operations of various assigned facilities to ensure the facilities and equipment are maintained and operated in a safe and efficient manner. Looks for opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiencies. Works in cooperation with site management and department heads to ensure the needs of the organization are maintained; is responsible for Cost Center operating budgets.
The Manager Facilities will be required to oversee and to participate in the day to day, hands on activities in order to maintain the facility in an effective manner.
* Responsible for managing Whippany Maintenance and Housekeeping departments. * Ensures the assigned facilities and equipment are maintained and operated in a safe and efficient manner. * Works in cooperation with site management and department heads to ensure the needs of the organization are maintained. * Effectively communicates site goals to direct reports. * Initiates and writes investigations prompted by facility or utility issues. Establishes and completes resultant CAPAs. * Writes and maintains appropriate standard operating procedures. * Ensures that operating budgets are correctly established and adhered to. * Ensures that appropriate equipment preventative maintenance activities are performed in an effective and timely manner. * Works with site EH&S to ensure that regulatory permits for facility equipment are adhered to. * Works with management in compiling facilities and equipment CAPEX requirements. * Conducts activities using sound business practices to optimize expenditures and profitability. * Establishes and coordinates goal setting, performance reviews and incentive/salary administrative processes for direct reports and possibly those reporting to direct reports. * Responsible for employee development and relations including hiring, recognition, discipline, and termination processes. * As required, identifies, tests, and implements new technology in support of building operations. * Establishes process performance metrics; tracking, analyzing and reporting performance in terms of quality, safety and cost. Takes corrective action to bring about required change. * Resolves problems and/or conflicts and maintains open communication paths. * Other duties as assigned.
* Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards. * Demonstrates leadership abilities and organizational skills. * Demonstrates communication and interpersonal skills * Ability to work effectively with customers and others at all levels. * Ability to lift up to 50 lbs * Ability to move about inside and outside of the facility * Ability to ascend/descend a ladder and move about in confined spaces
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience required.
* 7-10 years of facility management or building operations experience required. * Five years of supervisory experience in management, operations or maintenance required.
Associated topics: commercial, facilities, general manager, manager, manager i, manager ii, operations manager, resident, supervise, supervisory Associated topics: commercial, community, coordinator, corporate, general manager, manager, manager iii, manager iv, office manager, senior care
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.